Sunday, January 28, 2007

Carol Wickenkamp (June 13, 2005)

How I do miss DeKoven! It was from DeKoven that I too was introduced to the Canon in D and learned to love it before it became elevator music.
His encyclopedic knowledge of the music of that period, his enthusiasm and his remarkable personality made an impression on me that is indelible. He changed the way I listened to music for the rest of my life.

If anyone has any recordings that they are willing to share, I would love to have a tape or two to share with my grandchildren and their music teacher. And of course, to listen to myself. I am on Google, as is everyone else here.

Thank you so much for devoting this space to that incredible man. I hope he is somewhere listening to his most favorite passages, over and over, and enjoying them every time.

Carol Wickenkamp

No comments: