Sunday, January 28, 2007

Buzzie Guffanti (June 4, 2005)

I listened to ' DeKoven Presents ' in the 60's while living in North Jersey. Dekoven came on Sunday nights
at 10PM.His show lasted an hour. I'm pretty sure that at one time he switched radio stations

He knew his music! He referred to Bach, Vivaldi, and Handle as the blessed trinity of the baroque era.
I went to one of his lectures in NYC and stood in line and was greeted by him after his presentation.
I have two LPs entitled Dekoven and More Dekoven, several post cards from him, and I was a mamber of the Barococco Society
.
In the late 60's I recorded his programs reel to reel but some how the tapes got erased.
In the early 90's, WAWZ , Christian station in Zaraphath, NJ rebroadcast some of his shows. I have a few of those recorded on cassetts.
I believe his date of death is 10/29/84

He was a Great Man !

Buzzie Guffanti [ 6/4/2005 ]

No comments: