Sunday, January 28, 2007

Allen Allison (Apr. 19, 2006)

Hi,

I was pleased to find a page dedicated to Seymour DeKoven (I never knew until now what his first name was!). I have very fond memories of listening to "DeKoven Presents" when I was a kid, from about 1965 to 1973, when I left home for college. I listened on WGH-FM in Hampton Roads, VA. DeKoven helped me to develop and cultivate my musical tastes, which still essentially embrace the "Barococo" period. I can't overemphasize how important DeKoven's "labor of love" was in shaping and influencing my early musicological education! I wrote him several times and (eventually!) received some plain postcards back from him with added personal notes.

I noticed that there's a nice article about DeKoven on the Wikipedia site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_DeKoven .

I wish that some of his nearly 600 shows could be put on CD and made available to his affectionate and appreciative listeners. DeKoven, you're OTC (literally now, I guess!)!

Thanks,
Allen Allison
Encinitas, CA

1 comment:

Justin said...

I have some digital recordings of dekoven