Sunday, January 28, 2007

Barry Buehler (July 25, 2006)

I will be forever grateful for D's radio mentoring.

I wish I had some tapes, but somewhere, I do have (somewhere !!) one of his mini-writing postcards. Between DeKoven and Jean Shepherd, New York radio had a tremendous influence on me.

I remember that he had a business relationship with conductor Max Goberman to issue all the Haydn symphonies through a society or record club, the name of which I can't recall. I do remember having a childish thrill one day when I passed
a building (I believe in Westchester, NY off the New England Thruway) with a sign indicating that it was the society headquarters. I enjoyed the few recordings I purchased.

Does anyone recall the name of this organization/record club ?

Barry Buehler

2 comments:

Basil said...

Musical Heritage Society??

Basil Rouskas

Unknown said...

Musical Heritage Society