Sunday, March 18, 2007

Bill Wacker (Mar 18, 2007)

I remember well the Dekoven Concerts and the Barracoco Society of which I became a member in the early 60's. I listened to him on classical station WNCN (now defunct - replaced with the usual rock junk) in New York. I had the privilege to meet him at one of his lectures at Town Hall in NYC; his presentation was accompanied by the flutists Theodore & Dorothy Schultz. Before its start, My wife and I met him outside and we chatted a while while sitting on the curb! He was a truely unique personality and greatly missed.

Bill Wacker
williamwacker3@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Leslie H said...

I also listened to DeKoven as a kid in Boston - on an AM station, as I recall. Great stuff. A given piece was "OTW" (out of this world) or even SUPER OTW. I thought about DeKoven recently for the first time in years, when WGBH had a contest for people to describe their favorite classical music piece and its impact on them.